“Giving our students both roots and wings.”
- Through a focus on teamwork we foster a clear sense of purpose that is shared by teachers, parents and students.
- We value partnerships and encourage the involvement of volunteers and the community.
- We support and nurture a culture of shared leadership and collegiality.
We Prioritize Student Success
- We model the belief that all children are capable and work to build upon their individual strengths.
- We motivate and challenge all students to succeed.
- We create an environment where students are empowered, have ownership and a voice.
A Strong Instructional Program
- All staff share responsibility for student outcomes.
- Curriculum is tied to standards and is delivered in both traditional and innovative ways to motivate and accommodate the individual needs and interest of our students.
- We use student achievement data to improve our instruction.
We Are Learners
- Staff and students are engaged and excited about learning.
- We respect and support each others’ passions.
- We practice reflective thinking with a purposeful intent toward growth and improvement.
Diversity / Individuality is Valued
- We strive to create an inclusive environment.
- We welcome diversity and differences and view them as strengths.
- We respect one another as individuals and work with students, staff and families from a capacity perspective.
A Safe and Happy School Climate
- We create an environment that is welcoming, nurturing and safe where mind work and heart work occur concurrently.
- Positive citizenship skills are modeled, taught and reinforced throughout the school; expectations are consistent.
- Relationships are built on good communication, trust and mutual respect among staff, students, parents and community members.
- We value a beautiful school environment where student art and work adorns the walls and a connection with our natural environment is evident.
We Enjoy Our Work
- We are cohesive, energetic and positive; we laugh and create a joyous environment.